- Senior Lecturer in Education
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School: School of Education
- Campus: Sion Hill
Rhys leads and teaches on the Secondary Design and Technology (D&T) PGCE and Primary PGCE D&T foundation subject sessions. Rhys qualified as a Secondary Design and Technology teacher in 2001, before going on to teach D&T in schools in England and Wales.
He spent several years working as a teacher across key stages 3, 4 and 5 and taught a variety of examination qualifications. He then went on to become a pastoral leader with responsibilities for years 7 to 11 and, later on, sixth form.
Support with the professional development of his colleagues led him to become a Registered Design and Technology Health and Safety Consultant (RDTHSC) for the Design and Technology Association (D&TA) in 2014. In his capacity as an RDTHSC he has provided training for established teachers in a wide range of schools across England and Wales. Through Initial Teacher Training and Subject knowledge Enhancement courses for Primary and Secondary Education he gained extensive experience in training teachers new to the profession.
Rhys joined the School of Education at Bath Spa University in 2019. He is passionate about the development of D&T and supporting trainee teachers as they commence their career in the profession.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education (PGCHE)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) Design and Technology
- BA (Hons) Industrial Design
- Design and Technology Association (D&TA)
Other external roles
- Registered Design and Technology Health and Safety Consultant
Areas of expertise
- Design and Technology