Tim is a Senior Lecturer in Law within the Business School. He is the director of the Bath Law Clinic and the module leader for the associated courses. With the Bath Law Clinic, students partner with Citizens Advice and local law firms to provide legal assistance to the Bath community. Tim is also the module leader for Civil Litigation and Case Management with Advocacy and Mooting.
He believes students learn best through experiential learning, and tries to illustrate the concepts students learn about in textbooks through simulations and the case work performed in the Bath Law Clinic.
Before coming to Bath Spa, Tim gained extensive experience as an attorney in the public interest field, both in the private sector and while teaching in and supervising the Civil Litigation Clinic at Arizona State University. He directed legal clinics and community workshops in Chicago Public Schools, coordinated a helpdesk for unrepresented asylum seekers in Chicago Immigration Courts, and collaborated with activist groups in creating a free legal clinic assisting marginalized sex workers.
Tim is interested in collaborative, community-based approaches to providing legal services, and how lawyers can be instruments for social change.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communication Studies, Marquette University
- Juris Doctor, The Ohio State University
- Admitted to practice in federal court and state court in Illinois and Arizona, USA.
- Admitted as a solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales.
Areas of expertise
- Law Clinic and Legal Clinic
- Civil Litigation and Case Management with Advocacy and Mooting