Thinking of applying for a role here at Bath Spa University? Please see the guidance below for help. We look forward to receiving your completed application.
Before you apply, please be aware:
- All the documents required to apply will be available within the vacancy link.
- CVs will not be considered.
- Once you've completed each page, click the "Save and continue" button at the bottom of the page.
- As you progress through the application form each section will be saved upon completion.
- Once you've completed all the relevant sections of the application form, please click "Apply". You'll then be taken to the Application submission page. Click "Continue" to submit your application.
- Once you submit your application form, no further changes can be made. If you wish to make further changes, you'll need to withdraw your original application and complete a new form.
- You may return to complete your application form at any time via the "My applications" link.
Completing your application
Registering your details
- If you are applying for the first time, you will be required to register your details and create an account.
- To register your details, please follow the 'New user registration' link.
- Please note passwords must be a minimum of eight characters and contain both upper and lower case and at least one numeric character.
We will communicating with you by email so please ensure that you keep your email address up to date.
Please complete this section as fully as possible. All mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
We will contact all candidates by email throughout the recruitment process, so please ensure that the email address you supply on your application form is suitable to send any recruitment information to.
Equality and diversity
- Please ensure that you complete this section of the application form in full. This will be detached from your application form by the Human Resources Department on receipt of your application form.
- We are keen to maintain our commitment to Equality and Diversity and therefore all this information is kept strictly separate from your application.
- A disability is defined as a physical or mental impairment, which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on your ability to carry out day to day activities.
- You must supply at least one response to the question "Where did you see this role advertised?". This will let us know where you saw our vacancy.
- You must also confirm whether you have any unspent criminal convictions, in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Please start with your most recent job first, you'll be able to add further entries by clicking "Add other". If you have had any breaks in employment, please complete the Employment gaps field.
Qualifications and training
Please give details of all formal qualifications from age 11, and all training since leaving school.
You should use this section to detail all relevant professional bodies that you are a member of. You may be a full or student member of a professional organisation, so please state the membership category. You may also state details of any lapsed membership. It's important that you state if membership was achieved by experience, project, or by examination - or a combination of these.
You should also give details of all courses, seminars, in-house training programmes or work experience programmes. These provide evidence of your commitment to updating and refreshing your skills and expertise. Remember to give dates of in-house courses or non-qualification courses you may have attended.
Research and Publications - for academic applicants only.
Please note that these sections time out after 60 minutes. We therefore suggest that you type your statement in a Word document first, and then copy and paste the text into the box provided.
This is the most important section of the application form, as it is here that you persuade the University that you have the necessary background, and should therefore be shortlisted for the position. You should ensure that you know the type of person we are looking for by reading the job description, person specification, and advertisement. Look carefully at the essential requirements for the job, and use the person specification as your guide for the details you include within your supporting statement.
You should describe your experience and how you match each requirement on the person specification. Remember, you may have gained this experience from previous jobs or experience from voluntary jobs, raising children, from your knowledge of the local community, from your hobbies or your interests. You may, for example, have responsibilities or organisational experience acting in an unpaid capacity for a local club or society or community group.
Please also indicate any periods that you would not be able to attend for interview. Interviews are scheduled by and around the interview panel, but in some exceptional circumstances candidate availability may also be taken into account.
It is also useful to have some idea of your availability to start work, should you be successful.
- Please ensure that you complete this section fully.
- You should provide the details for two referees, one of whom must be your present or most recent employer. If possible, please provide details for the employer's Human Resources department.
- If you have not been employed before, please give the name of your Head Teacher, College Principal, or an appropriate teacher or lecturer instead.
Withdrawing your application
If you wish to withdraw an application form you have already submitted, please contact HRcontact@bathspa.ac.uk.
Data Protection and Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS)
By submitting your application, you are giving the University explicit consent to process your personal data. Your consent is conditional upon the University complying with its obligations and duties under the Data Protection Act 1998.
The University is required to satisfy itself with regard to the suitability of individuals employed within it. The process for this is called "Disclosure" and requires individuals to declare any previous criminal convictions for verification to the Disclosure and Barring Scheme.
Some new appointments to the University are subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure. This will be indicated within the additional information in the job description. The cost for this check is paid for by the University. Where a Disclosure is required, the post is considered exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and therefore all convictions, whether spent, or not, will need to be declared.