This includes coordinating all Open Days, Applicant Visit Days and our Creative Networking Events, but Polly is interested in extending other public engagement activities.
Additionally she has responsibility for overseeing Bath Business School’s international partnerships and other collaborative provision including partnerships in UAE, Singapore and Barcelona as well with a UK private provider in London.
She has line management responsibility for eight colleagues and carries out other managerial responsibilities within the Business School.
Polly is Module Leader for a final year module in Strategic Human Resource Management for Business and Management students and supervisor for dissertation students at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Polly acts as External Examiner for the University of Buckingham.
- MA in Managing Human Resources
- Certificate in Learning (HE)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Guidance
- Postgraduate Diploma in Personnel Management.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
Bath Spa employment
- Current role: 2016-present
- Senior Lecturer, HRM Pathway Leader: 2006-2016
- Careers Advisor: 2002-2006.
Other external roles
- Board Trustee for Travelling Light Theatre Company.
Areas of expertise/subjects
- Human Resource Management
- Derbyshire, P (2009), An Investigation of employers’ perceptions of students at recruitment and selection stage and during the early days in employment, Bath Spa University PedR
- Derbyshire, P (2010), How do we halt the decline in placement take up? In: Employability in the Curriculum: Beyond the Bolt-on?, 22-23 June 2010, University of Central Lancashire’s Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (ceth), UCLAN, Preston.
Polly works annually with at least eight organisations on Human Resource Management projects for the final year Strategic Human Resource Management module.
Research and academic outputs
Derbyshire, P (2010) How do we halt the decline in placement take up? In: Employability in the Curriculum: Beyond the Bolt-on?, 22-23 June 2010, University of Central Lancashire’s Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (ceth), UCLAN, Preston.