Applying for accommodation 2021/22
Apply now - Applications OPEN
Our online application system is now live for firm choice applicants who meet our eligibility criteria. Before submitting your application, we recommend researching your accommodation options. If you have any questions, check our frequently asked questions page.
Please click the link below to log in and make your accommodation preferences:
To apply online you will need the following:
- Your UCAS Personal ID or Bath Spa University Student ID number (issued in your academic acceptance letter)
- Your date of birth
- Your accommodation preferences
When you apply, please check that the details we have stored for you on the application system are correct. If they are not, please log onto your UCAS account as soon as possible and update them, particularly your email address.
One of the important things to know about our application system is that we do not run a first-come, first-serve system. Whether you log in as soon as our online form opens or you wait a couple of weeks or months, every application is received the same way, so that all students have the fairest chance at receiving their preferred housing option.
Please note you have the entire application window to research all of our options before committing to your preferences. You can even log back in and edit your initial selections, giving you more opportunities to visit us, see the locations, and ask any remaining questions you might have.
Some information to consider when you apply:
- Bath Spa University offers a wide range of contract lengths, prices and room types. Your accommodation preferences are entered into our allocation system, and where possible we endeavor to meet your preferred choices. By completing this form, you're accepting that you have researched the different options and understand the financial responsibility of the preferences you have indicated. We may not be able to allocate you a room aligned to your preferences above, due to demand. Please specify what you would consider your preferences in order of priority to input into our allocation system.
- If you need to disclose a medical condition or disability and have specific accommodation requirements please scroll down the page to the Access requirements and returning students section.
The deadline for applications is 30 June 2021.
Please note, a waiting list for applicants who miss the deadline or apply through insurance or clearing will open from 1 July 2021, after our primary application stage has concluded.
Students in their first year of study at Bath Spa are guaranteed an offer of accommodation and are eligible to apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Entering your first year of study at Bath Spa University
- A full-time applicant
- Have made Bath Spa their firm choice in UCAS
- Will be studying at Newton Park campus, Sion Hill campus, Locksbrook Road, or at the City of Bath College (studying a Bath Spa foundation degree).
Foundation students are also able to apply for accommodation for both their foundation year and first year of undergraduate study.
Please be aware all offers of accommodation are subject to the student gaining the necessary grades to successfully enrol on their chosen course. Unsuccessful applicants will have their allocated accommodation removed and the room will be re-offered.
Receiving an offer
How to accept your offer
You'll be sent an offer of accommodation via email the week commencing 12 July 2021. Please ensure your email on UCAS is up to date, as we use the email address you have registered with them for our communications. We begin sending offers from that date so please don't be alarmed if you don't hear from us on that exact date.
Information on how to accept your offer will be sent via email, along with any further information required. Please note that this will vary between UNITE students' accommodation (Waterside Court and Charlton Court), and Bath Spa University managed accommodation (Green Park House, Gardens and Lakeside).
Students who have been offered a room at Charlton Court and Waterside Court will receive correspondence from our Accommodation team with a link to confirm they wish to take the room.
If you've applied and stated your access requirements, please scroll down to the section below for further details about receiving your offer.
Please be aware that all prospective offers and allocations are subject to the student successfully joining Bath Spa University – unsuccessful applicants will have their offer of accommodation rescinded.
How to reject your offer
If you decide to reject the offer of accommodation, we'll endeavour to make you a second offer. However, this cannot be guaranteed and is subject to availability.
Applicants opting to join the waiting list cannot be guaranteed another offer. You'll only receive a new offer should an alternative room become available – in the order you joined the waiting list.
- You must declare any disabilities or medical needs when applying - see the Access Requirements section below for more details
- Only include accommodation options you are prepared to take
- You’ll be able to change your accommodation options up until our online application system closes
- It's important that you keep your contact details up to date - please update UCAS with any change in circumstances
- Please note that not all accommodation options may be available on the application form due to a number of rooms being pre-allocated for students with access requirements or for Direct Lets pre-sold to returning students. The vast majority of our accommodation is reserved for students studying at Bath Spa for the first time
- Accommodation is offered for the full length of contract, unless you are on an Erasmus or exchange course, in which case the specifics of your contract length will be made clear
- No cars or parking is permitted in halls of residence. For more information on Bath's fantastic public transport links, see our Getting Around section
Access requirements and returning students
Please see the options below if you have specific access requirements or you're a student not in your first year of study but interested in living in halls of residence.
You may have specific requirements for your accommodation because of a disability that requires adaptations to a room, or you may need a specific type of room.
If you haven't applied for accommodation stating access requirements before, you'll need to apply through the online accommodation application system when it opens.
To support this application you need to send supporting evidence from your GP or appropriate medical practitioner to firstname.lastname@example.org. This evidence should give specific information and reasons about the particular type of accommodation you require. Please contact the Student Wellbeing team if you have any questions about this process, or call +44 (0)1225 876543.
For returning students with specific access requirements, please see the Returning students section below to re-apply. Students who have previously declared an access need on an accommodation application need to complete a Direct Application request form to apply to live in halls again. On the form students can specify the type of room plus any additional information. Students who have already had access needs assessed by the Student Wellbeing Team will automatically be approved to live in halls again. Students will receive an acknowledgment email to confirm receipt of their application when they submit it and confirmation that they have successfully been reserved a room by the end of February.
If you have successfully applied for what was once called Priority accommodation within the past two years, you won't need to send any further supporting evidence.
Please note that returning students with access requirements are likely to be housed in accommodation with first-year undergraduates, who make up the vast majority of all accommodation.
Returning students in their second year, third year or in postgraduate study can request to live in halls of residence via Direct Applications.
The opportunity to register interest for a room is now open, until 31 May 2021 when it closes. Please be aware this is not a booking form. To register interest, please click the link below and log in.
If you cannot access the link, please copy it and paste into your browser. On the form please be sure to select your preferred room type and also type within the text box which type of room you are applying for. For example, for a Large Studio Flat, you need to type those words into the text box so our staff see what room you're applying for. You can also include other information you feel is relevant.
Please be reminded this is an opportunity to register your interest only, and is not a guaranteed booking. Due to Covid-19 impacting our operations and related factors beyond our control, we cannot guarantee specific types of rooms or specific locations to applicants.
Students will receive a confirmation email by the end of February to say if the application for a room was successful or not. Specific details on the room allocation will be released the week commencing 8 June 2021.
Offers are subject to successful financial checks with the University Finance department, for students who have previously lived in our halls. The University reserves the right to withdraw or cancel an offer if the financial check is unsuccessful. Student’s applications will be deleted until debt is cleared. Once the debt has been cleared, applicants can reapply.
Direct applications for these rooms are only available for eligible returning Bath Spa students. 2021/22 first year undergraduates are not eligible to apply for these rooms and must apply via the accommodation portal once it opens.
If you have any questions please contact our Accommodation team at email@example.com.
Offers and allocations
The timeline below is applicable to students who have applied for the 2021/22 academic year, beginning September 2021.
- 1 February 2021 – Applications open for firm choice student applicants.
- 30 June 2021 – Applications close for firm choice student applicants. Firm choice applicants who have stated specific access requirements will be sent offers of accommodation.
- 1 July 2021 - Waiting List opens to late applicants, Insurance choice, and Clearing applicants.
- 12 July 2021 – Firm choice applicants begin receiving offers of accommodation.
How allocations work
Firm choice applicants who have disclosed specific access requirements are given priority and are allocated first. This priority status is given to:
- Applicants with disabilities or access needs (who have provided medical/supporting information to the University and who have been approved) and have submitted a housing application by the deadline.
- Students on the Erasmus Programme or participating in Study Abroad are also reserved rooms in our accommodation.
All other accommodation applications are randomised; please note that rooms are not allocated on a first come, first served basis. The University will try to allocate an applicant their highest ranked accommodation preference wherever possible.
Every effort is made to offer applicants their first choice of accommodation, although this is not always possible due to high demand for rooms. As a result some applicants will be offered one of their other choices or, in some cases, accommodation for which they did not state a preference.
Due to Covid-19 and social distancing measures in 2021/22, consideration has been made for location of study when allocating rooms. Where possible students on the same course may be housed together. In some circumstances (access requirements, returning students) this may not always be possible but every effort will be made to help create effective social distancing across our locations and campuses.
Accepting your offer
All offers of accommodation are sent by email. This offer will state the room you've been offered, the price, contract length and steps that you need to take to accept the offer. The process of accepting your offer varies slightly, depending on the accommodation you're offered. To accept the accommodation you'll need to log into our online system using your UCAS ID and date of birth. You'll then be asked to do some or all of the following, depending on your accommodation offer.
Newton Park and Green Park House
After logging into the online system and pressing ‘accept your offer’, you'll be directed to a page showing your online Licence Agreement. You'll need to read this carefully as you're agreeing to the terms and conditions of this legal document. Should you have any questions at this point, it's important that you make contact with us. Once you fully understand and agree to the terms and conditions, you can sign it electronically. To do this, you'll need to enter a pin number which will have been sent to your mobile phone that morning. If you don't receive a pin, there will be a link on the offer letter that you can follow to alert us to this and we will look at an alternative way to send this to you.
Please note there will be an upfront payment required to secure your allocated room. This payment will be taken off the first rent instalment. The payment is unlikely to be refunded should students not take their place and enrol with the university.
Once you've completed this, you're all done! There are move-in instructions attached to the offer letter email and we'll look forward to meeting you in September.
Charlton and Waterside Court
Charlton and Waterside Court are managed by UNITE. You'll be initially required to complete their booking form and to make an upfront payment that's then taken off your first rent instalment. The completion of your booking form is your acceptance of your room at Waterside Court or Charlton Court. You'll then be directed to complete guarantor information and sign your tenancy agreement. All further correspondence about their process will come directly from UNITE. You should ensure you fully understand the legal commitment you are making before signing and returning the tenancy agreement. If the booking form is not completed by the date stated, the accommodation offer will be withdrawn by Bath Spa University.
UNITE staff will be able to answer questions regarding the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rejecting your offer
Please scroll up to the Receiving an offer section for information about rejecting offers.
Frequently asked questions
Please see our Accommodation FAQs page for further details.