A guaranteed offer of accommodation
Applicants who meet our eligibility criteria will be guaranteed an offer of accommodation. A guaranteed offer will be for a room in any of the properties available to Bath Spa applicants (university-owned or operated by a private provider).
Apply now - Applications OPEN
Our online application system is now live for firm choice applicants who meet our eligibility criteria. Please be aware this is our second wave of applications - students who applied prior to our first wave deadline on 7th June will be allocated rooms first. Applicants applying between now and 2nd August will then be allocated into the remaining rooms but all successful applicants are still guaranteed an offer of a room.
Please click the link below to log in and make your accommodation preferences:
To ensure a successful log-in, please input your details in the following format:
- UCAS number: All 10 digits
- Date of birth: 00/00/0000
If you experience any issues, need to ask a question, or haven't received an email from us, please feel free to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please scroll down our page to the Timeline section to see the deadlines for applying.
Some information to consider when you apply:
- We don’t use a 'first come, first served' system and will consider all applications equally. Please be aware that the Accommodation Preferences form on the application system is only to register your preferred options. There is no guarantee that you'll be allocated one of these, although we'll try to do so.
- Bath Spa University offers a wide range of contract lengths, prices and room types. Your accommodation preferences are entered into our allocation system, and where possible we endeavor to meet your preferred choices. By completing this form, you're accepting that you have researched the different options and understand the financial responsibility of the preferences you have indicated. We may not be able to allocate you a room aligned to your preferences above, due to demand. Please specify what you would consider your preferences in order of priority to input into our allocation system.
- If you need to disclose a medical condition or disability and have specific accommodation requirements please contact us as you may be eligible for our Priority Halls process.
Students are eligible for accommodation if they meet the following three criteria:
- Are going into their first year of study at Bath Spa University, are a full-time applicant and have made Bath Spa University their firm choice. Foundation course students are able to apply for accommodation for both their foundation year and first year of undergraduate study.
- Live more than 10 miles from the university (appeals will be considered, please see below section)
- Will be studying at Newton Park campus, Sion Hill campus, Locksbrook Road, The Circus, Dartmouth Avenue or at City of Bath College (studying a Bath Spa foundation degree).
Insurance choice students - APPLY NOW
Insurance choice students can register their interest for accommodation using the insurance choice application form in the link below:
Applicants will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis to available rooms after firm choice students have been allocated following the release of A-Level results in August 2019. Insurance choice students are only guaranteed accommodation once they have converted their status to firm choice.
Please be aware insurance choice students must convert their application to a firm choice on UCAS to receive a room offer.
10 mile appeals
What is a 10 mile appeal?
If you'd like to move into University halls of residences but live within 10 miles of the University, then you wouldn't be eligible to apply for accommodation. However, you do have the option to appeal the decision.
How do I apply for an appeal?
To apply for an appeal, please email a short statement about why you'd like to live in halls of residences to email@example.com after the application window opens. We will review this and respond to you with an outcome.
The information in your appeal could include:
- Travel times
- Travel costs
- Your student experience
- Medical needs.
We're looking to see that you recognise the costs involved in living in halls of residences and that you've properly researched this and are sure it is something that you want to do, including researching the difference between the cost of your commute and living in halls of residence.
In your appeal please include:
- Your full name,
- Date of birth
- UCAS or Bath Spa University student ID.
Please note, we can only accept appeals from students and not from a parent or guardian.
Receiving an offer
How to accept your offer
You'll be sent an offer of accommodation via email the week following A-level results day. Please ensure your email on UCAS is up to date, as we use the email address you have registered with them for our communications.
Information on how to accept your offer will be sent via email and will detail any further information required. Please note that this will vary between UNITE students' accommodation (Waterside Court and Charlton Court), iQ accommodation (Twerton Mill), and Bath Spa University managed accommodation (Green Park House, Gardens and Lakeside).
If you've applied via the Priorty Halls process, please see the Access Requirements section below for further details about receiving your offer.
How to reject your offer
If you decide to reject this offer of accommodation, you'll have the option of going onto the accommodation waiting list. Applicants opting to join the waiting list won't be guaranteed another offer. You'll only receive a new offer should an alternative room become available in the order you have joined the waiting list.
- You must declare any disabilities or medical needs when applying - see the Access Requirements section below for more details
- Only include accommodation options you are prepared to take
- You’ll be able to change your accommodation options up until we close our online application system
- It's important that you keep your contact details up to date - please update UCAS with any change in circumstances
- Please note that not all accommodation options may be available on the application form due to a number of rooms being pre-allocated for students with access requirements or for Direct Lets pre-sold to returning students. The vast majority of our accommodation is reserved for students studying at Bath Spa University for the first time.
- Accommodation is offered for the full length of contract, unless you are on an Erasmus or exchange course, in which case the specifics of your contract length will be made clear
- No cars or parking is permitted in halls of residence. For more information on Bath's fantastic public transport links, see our Getting Around section
You may have specific requirements for your accommodation because of a disability that requires adaptations to a room or a specific type of room.
If so, please complete this Priority Housing Form alongside your Accommodation Application via the link below:
Once you've completed the form, please send supporting medical evidence to our Student Support Service. Please contact the Student Support team if you have any questions about this process. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)1225 876543.
All prospective and returning students who have been successful applying for Priority Housing will be informed of their allocation by email prior to A-Level results day. All prospetive allocations are subject to the student successfully joining Bath Spa University, and any unsuccessful applicants will have their offer of accommodation revoked.
Any Priority Housing applications received after our final deadline on 2 August will have to wait to receive their allocated room offer until after A-Level results day.
Offers and allocations
First wave applicants
- February 2019 - Applications open for firm choice student applicants (first wave)
- 7 June 2019 - Applications close for firm choice student applicants (first wave)
Second wave applicants
- 17 June 2019 - Second wave applications open
- 2 August 2019 - Second wave applications close
Waiting List opens for all applicants from 2 August 2019, including Clearing applicants.
Applicants who applied in the first wave (prior to 7 June 2019) will be allocated first. Applicants who have applied during the second wave will be allocated next, on a random basis.
If you have not applied by either of these deadlines then you will need to apply via the waiting list, which will open on 2 August 2019. Students joining Bath Spa University via their Insurance choice (who have converted Bath Spa to their firm choice) will be allocated first and then remaining applicants will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis. First year undergraduates are prioritised and are still guaranteed accommodation. Any returning second and third year students on the waiting list should be aware only first year undergraduate applicants are guaranteed an offer, and returning students may need to look for alternative accommodation in the private sector. Our team can support with the search and students should contact us by email.
How allocations work
Students with priority status are allocated rooms first. Priority status is given to:
- Applicants with disabilities or access needs (who have provided medical/supporting information to the University and who have been approved) who have submitted a housing application by the deadline
Students on the Erasmus Programme or participating in Study Abroad are also reserved rooms in our accommodation.
All other accommodation applications are randomised; please note that rooms are not allocated on a first come, first serve basis. The university will try to allocate an applicant their highest ranked accommodation preference wherever possible. Every effort is made to offer applicants their first choice of accommodation, although this is not always possible due to high demand for rooms. As a result some applicants will be offered one of their other choices or, in some cases, accommodation for which they did not state a preference.
Accepting your offer
You will be sent an offer of accommodation in the week following A-Level results day. This offer will state the room you have been offered, the price, contract length and steps that you need to take to accept the offer. The process of accepting your offer will be slightly different depending on what accommodation you are offered. To accept the accommodation you will need to log into our online system using your UCAS ID and date of birth. You will then be asked to do some or all of the following depending on your accommodation offer.
Newton Park and Green Park House
After logging into the online system and pressing ‘accept your offer’, you will be directed to a page showing your online Licence Agreement. You will need to read this document carefully as you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of this legal document. Should you have any questions at this point it is important you make contact with us. Once you fully understand and agree to the terms and conditions you can sign it electronically. To do this, you will need to enter a pin number which will have been sent to your mobile phone that morning. If you do not receive a pin then there will be a link on the offer letter that you can follow to alert us to this and we will look at an alternative way to send this to you.
Once you have completed this, you are all done! There are move in instructions attached to the offer letter email and we will look forward to meeting you in September.
Charlton and Waterside Court
Charlton and Waterside Court are managed by UNITE. You will be initially required to complete their booking form and to make an upfront payment of £250 that is then taken off your first rent instalment. The completion of your booking form is your acceptance of your room at Waterside Court or Charlton Court. You will then be directed to complete guarantor information and sign your tenancy agreement. All further correspondence about their process will come directly from UNITE. You should ensure you fully understand the legal commitment you are making before signing and returning the tenancy agreement. If the booking form is not completed by the date stated, the accommodation offer will be withdrawn by Bath Spa University.
UNITE staff will be able to answer questions regarding the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement by emailing email@example.com
Twerton Mill is managed by iQ Student Accommodation. You will be sent a link to iQ's online booking form with your accommodation offer. The completion of the booking form is your confirmation of acceptance of a room at Twerton Mill. You’ll be required to pay the £250 booking fee when completing the online booking form. Once you move into Twerton Mill the £250 will then be used as your housing deposit. All further correspondence will come directly from iQ.
If the booking form is not completed by the date stated the accommodation offer will be withdrawn by Bath Spa University. iQ will generate an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement and send it to you. You should ensure you fully understand the legal commitment you are making, before signing and returning the tenancy agreement.
Rejecting your offer
If you are unhappy with or no longer require your accommodation offer, then you do have the option to reject it and go onto the waiting list for another offer.
Please be aware that a second accommodation offer is not guaranteed and the waiting list is operated on a first come, first served basis.
Frequently asked questions
Please see our Accommodation FAQs page for further details.