If you're a Blue Badge holder, you don't need to pay for parking at Bath Spa. You'll need to apply for a parking permit through Student Wellbeing Services, and you can park in the designated bays providing you display this permit and your Blue Badge.
There are two other kinds of disabled permit at Bath Spa: a permanent permit for students who are not eligible for a Blue Badge but who have a condition which may make parking in certain areas difficult, and a temporary permit for students who need a permit for a short period of time, such as if they have sustained an injury.
How to apply for a disabled permit
Email email@example.com with a description of your circumstances. This needs to be supported by evidence of your disability such as letters from hospital / your doctor regarding treatment.
If your application is approved, you'll then need to apply for a disabled permit through the online system. Students with a permanent disabled permit will be required to confirm annually that there is no change in their condition.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your circumstances that outlines your eligibility for a disabled permit and indicates the period of time that you'll require the permit. This needs to be endorsed by your tutor.
If approved, you'll then be able to collect a temporary permit from Main House Reception.
For students who would not normally be eligible for a parking permit, or who have financial hardship, a permit may be available. To apply, email email@example.com with a description of your circumstances. This needs to be supported by suitable documentary evidence.
In all cases:
- Once your application has been received, it will be made anonymous before being passed to the panel.
- The panel be made up of one representative each from Estates, Student Services, and the Students' Union
- Once your application has been considered, it will be passed back to Student Services, who will inform you of the decision
- If your application is passed, you'll then be able to apply for a permit
- Permits can be collected from Commons during Welcome Week, and Main House Reception after this.