Offer a placement or internship to a Bath Spa University student or graduate and help your business flourish.
Placements and internships are valuable opportunities for both students and businesses to mutually benefit from a period of work experience involving a defined, short-term project for a set period of time.
Employers gain from a cost-effective, flexible solution to solve a specific resource issue or undertake an additional project, and benefit from fresh ideas. It's a low-risk opportunity to "try out" future graduate talent.
“The scheme was a great opportunity for us to invest in new talent until the point that our intern had proven themselves (which was pretty quickly).”Tom Lewis, Cowork Inc
Students develop the additional skills needed for the world of work, ultimately enhancing their employability and long-term career prospects.
If you'd like to advertise a placement opportunity you can register on our online CareerHub portal. For further information, please contact us using the details below.
We offer a range of placement and internship initiatives, including some part-funded schemes to generate invaluable, paid work experience opportunities.
“It's an amazing resource for growing small businesses.”Tim Edwards, PCGamesN
Santander Universities SME Internship Programme
Bath Spa University, in partnership with Santander, offers funding to support SMEs (small and medium enterprises) looking to recruit recent graduates (from the past two years) and those graduating this year.
- You need to be a local SME with an annual turnover below £50m and less than 250 employees
- You must be able to pay the student/graduate at least £3,000, £1,500 of which will be refunded by Bath Spa University (for a maximum 35-hour week)
- Our graduate will need to commence their internship with you by no later than 31 July.
We also offer a number of fully-funded two-week opportunities available under this scheme.
Funding is limited, so if you wish to join the programme and advertise an opportunity, please get in touch to check availability.
If you meet the criteria outlined above and are accepted onto the scheme, we will email to confirm eligibility and details of next steps.
Graduate Internship Programme
The Graduate Internship Programme has been established to generate meaningful, paid work experience for students graduating the previous summer.
- You must be a local or regional business based in the South West
- The internship must start between September and December, and last for either a three or six month duration
- The intern must be paid at least National Minimum Wage. The University will contribute £1,500 towards the cost of a three-month internship, or £3,000 towards the cost of a six-month internship.
If you wish to be considered for an opportunity, please contact us using the details below.
Summer Placements Scheme
We work with local and regionally-based employers to generate 12-week, paid placement opportunities for our second and third year undergraduates. The scheme takes place during the summer vacation and is accessible to a large number of students across our diverse range of degree courses.
- You must be a local or regional business, based in the South West
- The placement must take place during the summer vacation, between June and September, be full-time and last for a consecutive 12-week period
- The student must be paid National Minimum Wage (the University contributes £1,500 towards the salary cost of hiring a Bath Spa student).
You can apply to take part via our online form. Funding is limited, so we advise that you get in touch first to check availability. If you are accepted onto the scheme, the placement will be advertised to all participating students via our online career portal and students submit their applications directly to you. We do not pre-screen or shortlist.
Professional Placement Year (9-13 months)
During a Professional Placement Year (traditionally known as a Sandwich Year), a student undertakes a period of work with an external organisation for a period of between 9 and 13 months between their second and third years of undergraduate study.
As the scheme is now open for undergraduate students from all subjects, Bath Spa University is seeking opportunities across multiple sectors to advertise to the next cohort.
To find out more about the Professional Placement Year and how to advertise, please read our Employer Guide or get in touch using the contact details below.
If you'd like further information about any of the schemes, or how you can advertise a placement, email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1225 876025.