We hold a selection of databases which contain full text and abstracts of e-journals. A full list of all our databases can be found on the Databases page. Key databases relevant for Art and Design are listed below.
Databases for Art and Design
- Academic Search Premier: a good starting point for more general subject searches.
- Art Full Text: the key onlineresource for BSU art students. This database is searchable directly from the Library’s Search box. Includes fully searchable access to more than 300 publications.
- Bloomsbury Applied Visual Arts: offers access to over 170 illustrated art and design ebooks.
- Bloomsbury Fashion Central: includes the Berg Encyclopedia of World Fashion and Dress; around 60 e-books; a colour image bank; plus articles and book chapters. Also includes the Fashion Photography Archive.
- Box of Broadcasts (BoB): an on-demand TV and radio service for education. This service allows students and staff to view, record, create clips and share broadcast programmes from over 60 TV and radio channels.
- Bridgeman Education: a database of art images.
- Business Source Complete: articles on companies, brands and products. Also includes company reports and market research.
- Cite Them Right: all the guidance you need to reference resources in your academic work.
- Design and Applied Arts Index: a database of design-related journals.
- Euromonitor: articles,company profiles, market research reports and case studies of businesses.
- Fashion Photography Archive: see Bloomsbury Fashion Central.
- Fashion Studies Online: fashion videos about designers, major fashion weeks (London, Paris, Milan, New York) and interviews with leading fashion personalities.
- Grove Art Online: art encyclopaediacovering both Western and non-Western art.
- Gale OneFile: News: a UK newspaper database and a good source of exhibition reviews and articles about artists.
- Harpers Bazaar Archive: the full run of this US magazine from 1867 to the current issue.
- LinkedIn Learning (was Lynda.com): combines the quality video tutorials of Lynda.com with the professional network features of LinkedIn.
- Oxford English Dictionary: the full version of this essential reference resource.
- Popular Culture in Britain and America, 1950-1975: primary sources and images.
- Vogue Archive: the full run of this US edition of the magazine from 1892 to the current issue.