We hold a selection of databases which contain full text and abstracts of e-journals. A full list of all our databases can be found on the Databases page. Key databases relevant for English & Creative Writing are listed below:
- Box of Broadcasts - BoB: the British Universities Film & Video Council's on-demand TV and radio service for education. This service allows students and staff to view, record, create clips and share broadcast programmes from over 60 TV and radio channels.
- British Periodicals Online provides access to the searchable full text of hundreds of periodicals from the late seventeenth century to the early twentieth, comprising millions of high-resolution facsimile page images.
- Dictionary of National Biography the site contains entries on over 50,000 people who shaped history, society and culture from the earliest times to those who died in 2000, including over 10,000 portrait illustrations.
- Early English Books Online this site is a collection of about 100,000 titles
- Eighteenth Century Collection Online (ECCO) this is a collection of about 135,000 eighteenth century printed books with over 26 million scanned pages.
- InfoTrac Newsstand: provides access to full-text newspapers and allows users to search articles instantly by title, headline, date, newspaper section, or other fields.
- JSTOR provides the full text of some 900 journals via a number of collections.
- Literary Reference Center Plus includes some 100,000 articles of literary criticism, over 35,000 plot summaries, over 250,000 author biographies, 450 journals, the full text of over 100,000 poems, more than 50,000 short stories and some 10,000 dramatic works, video and audio recordings and over 500 e-books.
- Shakespeare in Performance showcases rare and unique prompt books