We hold a selection of databases which contain full text and abstracts of e-journals. A full list of all our databases can be found on the Databases page.
Key databases relevant for Film and Media are listed below.
- Box of Broadcasts - BoB: the British Universities Film & Video Council's on-demand TV and radio service for education. This service allows students and staff to view, record, create clips and share broadcast programmes from over 60 TV and radio channels.
- Film and Television Literature Index 115 full-text journals about cinema & television, including both industry magazines and academic titles.
- InfoTrac Newsstand: provides access to full-text newspapers and allows users to search articles instantly by title, headline, date, newspaper section, or other fields.
- The Listener Historical Archive: containing transcripts of radio and television programmes since 1926 as well as contributions from major figures including E. M. Forster, George Orwell and Bertrand Russell, this resource chronicles the transformative rise of radio and television.
- Mintel is a business database providing consumer and market intelligence for students and professionals.
- The Television and Radio Index for Learning and Teaching indexes over 350 television and radio stations, including terrestrial, cable and satellite television, local and national radio. Over 3,000 programmes a day are indexed, over 1 million a year.