Key databases relevant for the Performance subjects (Acting, Circus, Comedy, Dance, Drama and Theatre Production) are listed below. A full list of all our databases can be found on the databases page.
- Bloomsbury Fashion Central: A useful resource for Theatre Production costume designers.
- Box of Broadcasts - BoB: the British Universities Film & Video Council's on-demand TV and radio service for education. This service allows students and staff to view, record, create clips and share broadcast programmes from over 60 TV and radio channels.
- Drama Online: Full text of over 1,920 popular and critically-acclaimed plays, with supporting critical guides.
- Digital Theatre Plus: 340+ streamed films of leading British theatre productions; supported by additional content, including interviews with the creative and production teams and written study guides.
- Gale Onefile: News: provides access to full-text newspapers. The database offers a one-stop source for current news and searchable archives.
- International Bibliography of Theatre and Dance: includes fully searchable access to more than 160 full-text journals.
- JSTOR: contains the back runs of several dance and performance journals, e.g. Asian Theatre Journal, Classical Quarterly, The Journal of Hellenic Studies, PAJ: A Journal of Performance and Art, Shakespeare Quarterly, TDR: Drama Review, Theatre Journal.
- Project MUSE: contains over 300 journal titles. Similar in content to JSTOR, but the advantage of MUSE is that it covers current journal titles.
- Theatre in Video: access to some 500 hours of online streaming video, covering a wide range of topics from productions of Shakespeare plays to rare footage on Samuel Beckett.