We hold a selection of databases which contain full text and abstracts of e-journals. A full list of all our databases can be found on the Databases page.
Key databases relevant for Psychology are listed below:
- Academic search premier this service offers the full text of over 4,700 journals in all academic subjects. In addition, the contents of another 12,000 journals are indexed, many including abstracts.
- Box of Broadcasts - BoB: the British Universities Film & Video Council's on-demand TV and radio service for education. This service allows students and staff to view, record, create clips and share broadcast programmes from over 60 TV and radio channels.
- JSTOR provides the full text of some 900 journals via a number of collections.
- Project Muse provides the full text of over 300 journals, with all graphs, charts and images and including the current issues.
- PsycARTICLES provides full-text peer-reviewed articles published by the American Psychological Association and affiliated journals.
- PsycINFO is an index devoted to peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health.
- ScienceDirect provides the full text of some 1,600 journals, the full text of these journals is generally available from 2008 onwards.
- SocINDEX covers the literature of sociology from 1895 onwards, containing some 1,300,000 records. It offers the full text of over 300 journals and over 500 books and abstracts some 600 core journals in the field.