Need help? Book an appointment with Melissa Collier-Baker, your subject librarian.
Essential reading for Publishing students
We hold a selection of databases which contain full text and abstracts of e-journals. A full list of all our databases can be found on the Databases page. Key databases relevant for Publishing are listed below:
- Academic Search Premier this service offers the full text of over 4,700 journals in all academic subjects. In addition, the contents of another 12,000 journals are indexed, many including abstracts.
- Box of Broadcasts - BoB: the British Universities Film & Video Council's on-demand TV and radio service for education. This service allows students and staff to view, record, create clips and share broadcast programmes from over 60 TV and radio channels.
- InfoTrac Newsstand: provides access to full-text newspapers and allows users to search articles instantly by title, headline, date, newspaper section, or other fields.
- JSTOR provides the full text of some 900 journals via a number of collections.
- Lynda is trusted by businesses, governments and over 1 million individuals worldwide to learn software, creative, design and business skills.
- Oxford English Dictionary is an unsurpassed guide to the meaning, history and pronunciation of over half a million words through 2.5 million quotations from a wide range of international sources.
Note that a single e-journal title may be held in several different e-journal collections (databases). Here is a selection of relevant e-journals for Publishing:
- Times Literary Supplement (TLS)
- Paris Review
- Creative Review
- Marketing Week
- Nordic Journal of Kid Lit Aesthetic
- Publishers Weekly
- Editor & Publisher
- The Journal of Electronic Publishing
- Journal of Scholarly Publishing
Looking for a particular e-journal title? Use our 'E-journals by title' search engine.