We hold a selection of databases which contain full text and abstracts of e-journals. A full list of all our databases can be found on the Databases page.
Key databases relevant for Sociology are listed below:
- Box of Broadcasts - BoB: the British Universities Film & Video Council's on-demand TV and radio service for education. This service allows students and staff to view, record, create clips and share broadcast programmes from over 60 TV and radio channels
- Gale OneFile: News: provides access to full-text newspapers and allows users to search articles instantly by title, headline, date, newspaper section, or other fields
- JSTOR provides the full text of some 900 journals via a number of collections
- Kanopy This streaming database contains a wide variety of films and documentaries, grouped by topic. Click on 'Browse' and check out the 'Social Sciences' section
- ScienceDirect provides the full text of some 1,600 journals, these journals is generally available from 2008 onwards
- SocINDEX covers the literature of sociology from 1895 onwards, containing some 1,300,000 records. It offers the full text of over 300 journals and over 500 books and abstracts some 600 core journals in the field