Allyson's work sits at an intersection of History and International Relations, and more specifically, within the field of Critical Military Studies. Allyson is a specialist on Russia, cultural militarisation, patriotic education systems in the former Soviet Union, use of history and memory, and commemoration, and has published in this area.
Allyson has taught on various History and Politics and International Relations courses at several universities, including; Swansea, Birmingham, Warwick, and Derby. She is a keen advocate for the decolonisation of the curriculum, and is working towards creating an inclusive learning environment for her students.
- PhD in Politics and International Relations at Swansea University (2021)
- MA in Contemporary History at Birmingham University (2016)
- BA in History at University of South Wales (2014).
- British Association for Slavonic and East European Studies
- International Studies Association
- British International Studies Association.
- Diaspora, migration and race
- Issues in world politics
- Propaganda, censorship and intelligence
- World of Ideas
- History Matters? The public, Politics and the Past.
What can Bath Spa staff and students contact you about?
- Russian militarism
- Critical Military studies
- Patriotic education systems.