Chris teaches Lighting, Sound and Digital Production on Bath Spa's Theatre, Festival and Events Production course.
He graduated with a degree in Technical Theatre from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art( RADA) in 2002.
Chris has worked in the Technical Theatre industry ever since, in a variety of areas and roles, at venues such as the Criterion Theatre – West End, Polka Theatre – Wimbledon and Theatre Royal – Bath.
He has, and also still engages regularly in touring work and freelance lighting design, production electrician and programmer work.
Chris has also taught technical theatre at the University of Kent, Anglia Ruskin University, and the University of the West of England.
Currently, he is researching online learning with an emphasis on its use for teaching the technical arts. He is looking at immersive technologies such as Virtual and Augmented reality to assist with this learning. This research will lead towards gaining a Master's Degree.
- Gdip – RADA
- FHEA - Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- IPAF 3A-3B / PASMA / FAW certified.
- ALPD Professional Member (Association for Lighting Production and Design)
Other external roles
- Technical consultant for emerging theatre companies and artists / Researcher in Digital Theatre and Technical Theatre Education - VR and AR Technologies.
Areas of expertise
- Sound and Video for Theatre, Festivals amd Events
- Digital Portfolios