Chris teaches Lighting, Sound and Digital Production on Bath Spa's Theatre, Festival and Event Production course.
He graduated with a degree in Technical Theatre from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) in 2002, and through his academic career to date, has gained a Masters in Professional Practice in Higher Education, a PGCHE, and Teaching Fellowship (FHEA).
Chris has worked in the Theatre and Live Events industry for over 20 years, in a variety of areas and roles, at venues such as the Criterion Theatre – West End, the Polka Theatre – Wimbledon and the Theatre Royal – Bath.
He also works as a freelance Lighting Designer, Production Electrician and Lighting Programmer.
Chris has taught technical theatre at the University of Kent, Anglia Ruskin University, and the University of the West of England previously.
He enjoys researching digital technologies for online and in person learning through a hybrid approach, with an emphasis on teaching the technical theatre arts. He works with immersive technologies such as Virtual Worlds, Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality.
Through this research, Chris completed his Masters dissertation.
- Master of Arts (MA) Professional Practice in Higher Education
- FHEA - Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- PGCert (PGCHE)
- Gdip – RADA (Degree)
- IPAF 3A-3B
- BS7909 Certified
- First Aid at Work
- ALPD Professional Member 2290 (Association for Lighting Production and Design)
Other external roles
- Researcher in Digital Theatre and Technical Theatre Education - VR, VW and AR Technologies.
Areas of expertise
- Lighting, Sound and Video for Theatre, Festivals and Events
- Digital Portfolios
- Virtual Worlds / Virtual Reality