Chris teaches Lighting, Sound and Digital Production on Bath Spa's Theatre, Festival and Event Production course.
He graduated with a degree in Technical Theatre from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art( RADA) in 2002.
Chris has worked in the Technical Theatre industry ever since, in a variety of areas and roles, at venues such as the Criterion Theatre – West End, Polka Theatre – Wimbledon and Theatre Royal – Bath.
He also works as a freelance lighting designer, production electrician and lighting programmer.
Chris has also taught technical theatre at the University of Kent, Anglia Ruskin University, and the University of the West of England.
Currently, he is researching online learning with an emphasis on its use for teaching the technical arts. He is looking at immersive technologies such as Virtual Worlds and Virtual Reality to assist with this learning. This research will lead towards gaining a Master's Degree.
- Gdip – RADA (Degree)
- FHEA - Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- PGCert (PGCHE)
- IPAF 3A-3B / FAW / BS7909 Certified
- ALPD Professional Member (Association for Lighting Production and Design)
Other external roles
- Researcher in Digital Theatre and Technical Theatre Education - VR, VW and AR Technologies.
Areas of expertise
- Lighting, Sound and Video for Theatre, Festivals and Events
- Digital Portfolios