Edward Tristram has previously lectured at the University of South Wales where he designed modules on Studio Recording, Sound Design, Composing Music for Media, Post Production and Music Informatics.
He completed his Master’s degree in Music Production and Engineering in 2012. His dissertation focused on recording Foley for micro-budget film productions and the impact of sound libraries in the film industry.
- Fellow - Higher Education Society
Other external roles
Edward currently works in audio post production has worked on Television productions that range from “House of Anubis” to “Law and Order: UK” and has recently completed a Welsh language short film for S4C “Anna A Kiko” - Starring Rhys Ifans.
Edward has also worked on feature films and most recently completed the award-winning “Canaries”. A feature-length, micro-budget production that contained cast members from “Game of Thrones” and “Gavin and Stacey”.
Edward also works extensively as an audio engineer and professional composer and regularly engages in recording projects. Most recently experimenting with operatic ambisonic recordings in churches.
Edward is currently engaging in research projects that focus on augmented reality storytelling and the re-recording of soundtracks in the video game industry.
- Post production audio for television and film
- Dialogue editing
- Sound design for screen
- Composing music for screen
- Music analysis
- Video game music
- Audio engineering
- Introduction to Audio Recording: Level 4
- Advanced Post Production I: Level 6
- Advanced Post Production II: Level 6
- Music for Screen: Level 6
Research and academic outputs
- Breathing Life into your Production with Sound Design - Shextreme Film Festival, Paintworks Bristol, October 2017
- 'Tell Me About' podcast series - audio engineer