Katie will be working as part of the Early Childhood team on a variety of modules across our UK and international Early Childhood Studies programmes.
Her hope is to support students to build their pedagogical philosophy and understanding of our children’s earliest years. This will be with a particular focus upon supporting and advocating for the child and supported through her own experiences of supporting children and families in early years settings, medical settings, schools, consultancy and nannying.
- PhD in progress,University of the West of England
- MA Education (Early Years), University of the West of England
- National Award for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Co-ordinators (NASENDCo)
- PGCE, University of the West of England
- BA (Hons) Joint honours: Early Childhood Studies and Linguistics, University of the West of England
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Other external roles
- External Examiner for ECS International ECS Programme University of South Wales
- External Examiner for Supporting Teaching and Learning Open University, Leeds City College and Keighley College
Areas of expertise
- Promoting equality, equity and inclusion
- Language, literacy and phonics
- Cross-culture learning and pedagogical practises