On graduating from University of Western Sydney, Kellie joined Terraplane Press Australia, designing and photographing for music magazines such as 'Juice' and 'Rolling Stone'.
She then went on to work for international publishers Hodder and Stoughton (Australia) photographing for a wide range of book jackets including award-winning titles before taking up the role of in-house art director.
Setting up her own photographic freelance practice in 2002 she has worked on commissions for music publishing, fashion, product and food photography.
Relocating to the UK in 2004, Kellie combines freelance practice for a range of international and UK clients with teaching on the BA (Hons) Photography and Digital Media, Visual Communication and IMO: Idea Material and Object courses within the School of Art and Design.
Other teaching experience includes: Senior Lecturer in Photography and Design at University of Western Sydney and Lecturer at University of Technology, Sydney.
Alongside her research and professional practice Kellie set up the BA (Hons) Photography degree.
- BA (Hons) Visual Communication, University of Western Sydney, Australia
- External examiner - Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication, University of Technology, Sydney. 2002/2003.
Other external roles
- External advisor to FdA Publishing: Editorial Design and the Web, Bath Spa University
- External advisor to FdA Photography, Bath Spa University (Weston)
- Reviewer for Pearson UK (Publishing) / Photographic Textbooks (current)
- Graphic Design