As Deputy Pro-Vice-Chancellor Academic Planning, Melissa’s remit is to deputise and lead on activities across all the areas of responsibility under the Pro-Vice-Chancellor Academic Planning portfolio including:
- Admissions and student recruitment
- Access and participation
- Academic portfolio development
- Student and registry services.
Melissa’s initial focus will be on the strategic development of Student and Registry Services operations with the Registrar. She is also the Chair of the Women's Network and the Aurora Champion at Bath Spa.
Melissa joined Bath Spa University in January 2021, having previously worked as Assistant Director, Education and Student Experience in the Office of the Vice-Chancellor at the University of Kent. She has over 20 years’ experience of working in the Higher Education sector and is a longstanding member, Fellow and former Board Trustee of the Association of University Administrators (AUA). She has been recognised by the AUA through their “Contributions to Career Development” award and has recently been awarded honorary staff associate of the University of Kent in recognition of her contributions during her time there.
- BA (Hons) History - University of East Anglia.
- Fellow of the Association of University Administrators (AUA)
- Member of the RAISE Network
- Member of Women in Higher Education Network.
Other external roles
- AUA South Wales and South West Network Coordinator
- AUA Membership Accreditation Assessor
- AUA Lead Conference Moderator
- AUA Mentor - Postgraduate Certificate/General
- Aurora Role Model.
Contact Melissa about
- University strategy
- Operations relating to the academic planning portfolio areas
- The Women's Network or the Aurora programme.