As Pro-Vice-Chancellor Academic Planning, Melissa’s remit is to provide senior leadership and oversight to a number of teams who support the applicant and student journey to ensure excellence experiences, optimising engagement and deliver:
- our Access and Participation Plan and overall widening participation strategy
- the development of the University’s academic portfolio
- internal and external data and reporting requirements
- Schools and colleges engagement strategy
- our student records and academic administration services
- UK and International student recruitment and admissions
Melissa is also co-chair of the Women's Network and the Aurora Champion at Bath Spa.
Melissa joined Bath Spa University in January 2021 as Deputy Pro-Vice-Chancellor Academic Planning, having previously worked as Assistant Director, Education and Student Experience in the Office of the Vice-Chancellor at the University of Kent. She has over 23 years’ experience of working in the Higher Education sector and is a longstanding member, Fellow and former Board Trustee of the Association of University Administrators (AUA). She has been recognised by the AUA through their “Contributions to Career Development” award and was awarded honorary staff associate of the University of Kent in recognition of her contributions during her time there.
- BA (Hons) History - University of East Anglia.
- Fellow of the Association of University Administrators (AUA)
- Member of the RAISE Network
- Member of Women in Higher Education Network.
Other external roles
- Member of the AdvanceHE Aurora Advisory Committee
- AUA South Wales and South West Network Coordinator
- AUA Membership Accreditation Assessor
- AUA Lead Conference Moderator
- AUA Mentor - Postgraduate Certificate/General
Contact Melissa about
- University strategy and delivery
- Academic planning portfolio areas
- Applicant and student journey
- The Women's Network or the Aurora programme.