- Senior Lecturer in Graphic Design
- Email: N.Robinson@bathspa.ac.uk
- Telephone: +44 (0)1225 876204
- School: Bath School of Design
- Campus: Sion Hill
- Office: SH.UG.13c
Nigel Robinson was one of the founding directors, with Paul Neale and Andy Stevens, of the internationally renowned and highly successful graphic design agency 'Graphic Thought Facility' or GTF before launching his solo career. Alongside his practice, Nigel has taught at various colleges including Central St Martins and Camberwell School of Art in London and at Yale University in the USA.
Research and external activities
Nigel’s work has been included in many design exhibitions, as part of a 2014 retrospective at the RCA and cited in a major Guardian article,‘The Birth of British Graphic design.’ Nigel’s current work covers a broad range; illustration, graphic design, moving image, magazine design and music and is regularly seen in contemporary journals, books and professional magazines including Creative Review, Baseline, Graphics International and other titles His work has also featured in various publications including:
- A Lexicon Of Contemporary Graphic Design by Anna Gerber/Anja Lutz Die Gestalten Verlag 2006: work cited in 'Influences’
- Dot Dot Dot 2004 : contribution published
- Eye magazine 'Typography In Education' by Lucienne Roberts, 2000: contributor
- Eye Magazine, Graphic Thought Facility 2001: contributor
- Emigre magazine 200: contributor.
- Graphic Design
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design, Central St Martins
- MA (RCA), Graphic Design, Royal College of Art.
Research and academic outputs
Reimagining Post Punk: The Buzzcocks & The Fall (2017-2019) [REF2021 collection]
Robinson, N (2021) Reimagining Post Punk: The Buzzcocks & The Fall (2017-2019) [REF2021 collection].
Wallpaper front cover
Robinson, N (2012) Wallpaper front cover.
Robinson, N (2011) Télérama magazine.
Wallpaper front cover for Milan issue
Robinson, N (2011) Wallpaper front cover for Milan issue.
Wallpaper front cover (The Handmade Issue)
Robinson, N (2011) Wallpaper front cover (The Handmade Issue).
Wallpaper magazine front cover (Design Awards issue)
Robinson, N (2009) Wallpaper magazine front cover (Design Awards issue).
wallpaper Handmade Covers
Robinson, N (2012) wallpaper Handmade Covers. KK Outlet, London, UK, 5-24 July 2012.
A joyful bewilderment (group show)
Robinson, N (2008) A joyful bewilderment (group show). Rough Trade, London; HERE Gallery, Bristol; Here and Now, Falmouth, October 2008 - February 2010.
Harrison, K and Robinson, N (2006) Shibboleth. Dilston Grove, 17 November - 9 December 2006. ISBN 9780955637001
100 years at the Royal College of Art: art and design
Frayling, C and Robinson, N (1999) 100 years at the Royal College of Art: art and design. . ISBN 1855857251