On leaving the Royal College of Art in 1990, I set up 'Graphic Thought Facility' with Paul Neale and Andy Stevens.
I left in 1993 and have worked throughout various media including:
- graphic design
- moving image
- magazine design and
I have taught at various colleges including:
- Central St Martins
- Camberwell School of Art and
- Yale University.
Alongside my own research and practice I also curate the lecture programme on the Graphic Communication Course which features a diverse list of contemporary practitioners.
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design, Central St Martins BA and Royal College Of Art
- MA (RCA), Graphic Design, Royal College of Art
Other external roles
- Name cited in 'Influences, A Lexicon Of Contemporary Graphic Design' Anna Gerber/Anja Lutz Die Gestalten Verlag 2006
- Contribution to Dot Dot Dot magzine published 2004
- Contribution to Eye magazine on article about 'Typography In Education' by Lucienne Roberts, 2000
- Contribution to feature on Graphic Thought Facilty in Eye Magazine 2001
- Contribution to Emigre magazine 2001
- Work featured also in various publications including Creative Review/Baseline/Graphics International
- Graphic Design
Research and academic outputs
Robinson, N (2012) Wallpaper front cover.
Robinson, N (2011) Télérama magazine.
Robinson, N (2011) Wallpaper front cover for Milan issue.
Robinson, N (2011) Wallpaper front cover (The Handmade Issue).
Robinson, N (2009) Wallpaper magazine front cover (Design Awards issue).
Robinson, N (2012) wallpaper Handmade Covers. KK Outlet, London, UK, 5-24 July 2012.
Robinson, N (2008) A joyful bewilderment (group show). Rough Trade, London; HERE Gallery, Bristol; Here and Now, Falmouth, October 2008 - February 2010.
Harrison, K and Robinson, N (2006) Shibboleth. Dilston Grove, 17 November - 9 December 2006. ISBN 9780955637001
Frayling, C and Robinson, N (1999) 100 years at the Royal College of Art: art and design. . ISBN 1855857251