Stephanie is an associate lecturer for the BA and MA Dance programme, with a focus on screendance film-making, somatic practices, improvisation, as well as collaborative and cross-disciplinary work.
Her artistic work has been shown internationally at theatre and film festivals. Stephanie’s area of research is the relationship between synaesthesia, embodiment and dance.
She presented her artistic and academic research at the symposiums ’Narrating the Somatic: Gathering voices, sharing practices’ (March 2018, Middlesex University) and ’Bodily Undoing: Somatic Activism and Performance Cultures as Practices of Critique’ (September 2017, Bath Spa University).
Stephanie received a scholarship from Goethe Institute Ireland to present her film spectra at Lightmoves Festival of Screendance (2017, Limerick, Ireland) and was invited to the Porthleven Prize residency (2017, UK).
- MA, Dance - Bath Spa University
- New Dance, Improvisation and Performance - TIP, Freiburg, Germany
- Physical Theatre Dance - KiM Post School, Berlin, Germany
- Somatic Practitioner - Somatic Academy, Berlin, Germany
- Musical Theatre - Musikschule Neukölln, Berlin, Germany
Areas of expertise
- Multi-media, cross-disciplinary and collaborative practice
- Site specific work
- Synaesthesia and embodiment
Other external roles
- Screendance film-maker
- Movement artist and dance maker
- Creative practice
- Screendance film-making
- Somatic practice
- Dance improvisation
- Site-specific work