Deborah joined Bath Spa University in 2017 and teaches at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, with particular specialism in teaching in the Marketing area.
She accrued significant international business experience at management level prior to entering HE and has Member level of the Chartered Institute of Marketing,
Deborah is a firm advocate of ‘Marketing for Good’. Her current PhD research explores issues related to our collective understanding of sustainability in packaging, its role as a market device supporting the positioning of brands and helping consumers towards more sustainable choices.
She is passionate about bringing the realities of business to the classroom, creating experiential learning opportunities for enhancing the student experience. She developed and leads the new (in 2019) ‘In Practice’ applied learning/professional practice modules at Bath Business School. She is also BBS Student International Mobility Champion, responsible for the designing and coordination of a project aimed at increasing international opportunities for BBS students. The project has been much commended by Santander who support financially.
- PhD (in progress) - University of Huddersfield
- Master's in Business Administration (MBA) - SDA Bocconi Business School, Milan
- BA (Hons) Marketing - The University of Huddersfield
- CABS - Certified Management and Business Educator (CMBE)
- Fellow - Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Member - The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
Areas of expertise
- Marketing communications and branding
- Packaging’s role in branding strategies
- Sustainability Marketing