Kerry-Anne Barber joined Bath Spa University as a lecturer on the Early Years and Primary PGCE programme in September 2017. She leads the Primary Science Team and is a member of the Professional Studies Team.
Previously, Kerry-Anne worked for 20 years as a classroom teacher, science coordinator and lead mentor supporting PGCE and undergraduate trainee teachers from both Bath Spa University and the University of the West of England.
As a teacher, she was involved in the Teacher Assessment in Primary Science project (TAPS) where she worked alongside other teachers and Bath Spa academics to research and devise focused assessment tasks for assessing working scientifically objectives.
- B.Ed (Hons), Primary (Science and Technology).
- Member - Association for Science Education
- Professional Affiliate - Chartered College of Teaching
- Member - Royal Society of Chemistry
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Areas of expertise
- Primary science
- Supporting science school teachers
Barber, K (2018). "Using TAPS Focused Assessments as part of our teacher assessment approach" Primary Science. Article is currently available for download.