We use our research and consultancy expertise to provide cutting-edge learning opportunities across all our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Interested in doing a PhD with us?
We offer doctoral supervision across the breadth of the hazard, risk and disaster arena.
We welcome applications related (but not limited) to our current research topics:
- The Indian sub-continent
- Geomorphology and sediment system dynamics
- Multi-disciplinary, creative, digital and critical approaches to disaster risk reduction/ vulnerability/ resilience
- Climate change adaptation, climate policy and politics
- Disaster displacement and ‘climate mobilities’
- Radon, health and natural hazards in built and natural environments globally
- Mining pollution in arid lands in the USA
- Shale gas and contaminated land in Africa
- Waste management in Pakistan
- Quaternary environmental reconstruction
For more information on making an application, please see our Research Degrees page.
- MSc Environmental Management
- MA Environmental Humanities
Want to know more?
You can find out more about our dynamic Geography programmes on our interest area page.